A huge thank you to Shyla from SincereMommy for nominating WorkingMomX.
I approached Shyla a couple of months ago when I first entered the Twitter world as a new Blogger. I was trying to get some guest posts and blog exchanges, and Shyla was so awesome and friendly. I think we now have kind of become each other’s biggest fans.
Shyla- Thank you for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This was such an awesome surprise as I was scrolling through my Twitter feed last night!
SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD RULES:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My questions from Sincere Mommy!
- What is your favorite season and why?
My favorite season is summer. I have great memories of summer growing up as a kid, lots of camping and swimming. I spent the bulk of my summers outdoors, and growing up in Connecticut there was always something to do. Now that I live in sunny Florida, it feels like we have summer year round!
- Where would you most like to travel someday?
I would like to travel to Vietnam, where I was born. I am adopted, and being able to go back to where I am from- it would be awesome to explore that with my husband and my son.
- What movie, if any, has made you cry or come close to crying?
The first movie I can remember crying while watching was Beaches. This was a movie I saw growing up, and it had Bette Midler in it. I don’t want to give away the plot, but the ending is sad. It also had that famous movie soundtrack and the song Wind Beneath my Wings
- What animal would you have as a pet if all animals were domesticated?
I can’t decide on one. My two favorite animals are pandas and dolphins, but since I can’t fit an ocean in my backyard, I guess I’d have to say pandas. But they require a lifetime supply of bamboo, so that might be kind of hard. Maybe sticking with a cat or dog would be easier.
- Who is your favorite actor/actress of all time?
It would probably be Leonardo DiCaprio. He is pretty selective about his movie roles, and generally only picks movies with great plots. He’s also come a long way since What’s Eating Gilbert Grape and Titanic.
- What is your favorite candy/sweet?
I don’t really have a sweet tooth or eat a lot of candy. But if I had to pick one, it would be Reese Pieces Peanut Butter Cup.
- If you could pick one person to live on a deserted island with, who would you pick?
My family. They can’t get rid of you no matter what. Friends come and go. Family is forever.
- Do you believe in ghosts or supernatural things?
Not one bit.
- What inspired you most to start blogging?
Towards the end of last year, my husband encouraged me to get into blogging. I had a lot going on, and he thought that it would be a great outlet for me to unload all of the stresses I deal with every day. He even helped me get it set up.
Now, I get to blab about anything I think might be interesting, anytime I want. Sorry world.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Raising a teenager. Yikes. I can’t believe how fast he is growing up. At that time we will have a few precious years left together before he heads off to college. I don’t think anything in the world can help prepare me for that day. How do we stop time?
- What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time besides blogging?
Go for a run, or watch football or hockey.
Here are my 11 nominees with their blog links and Twitter handles.
- smoothdecorator.com @CooperNKlein
- dishesbyhand.com @DishesbyHand
- Keepinglifesane.com @keepinglifesane
- Busytykes.com @busytykes
- JustRedefine.com @JustRedefine
- Facebook.com/SprayBooksEtc @SprayBooksEtc
- HomeBusinessBalance.com @mommashelping
- DadandBuried.com @DadandBuried
- Abreak4mommy.com @abreak4mommy
- Thecoffeemom.net @Jessi_Sullivan
- Mamachallenge.com @mamachallenge
My Questions For The 11 Nominees
- What’s the most surprising thing about being a Mom/Dad?
- Did you want a boy or a girl?
- You get a few unexpected hours of me time. Besides going to Target, drinking a cup of coffee or sneaking a bubble bath- what do you do with this free time?
- What’s the most outrageous children’s birthday party you’ve been invited to?
- What’s your proudest mom/dad moment?
- How do you control your kids’ screen time? Or do you just give up and throw the iPad at them for a few minutes of peace?
- Best family vacation that you planned? Did it go accordingly or was it 100% chaos?
- Your child’s pet has died. Could be a free goldfish, turtle, dog, cat, bird or whatever. How do you explain the death to your child?
- What’s the biggest thing your husband/wife has done to help out with the kids?
- How do you balance it all? Never ending supply of coffee, wine, or tons of chocolate?
- What’s your favorite recipe? Please share. It can be for anything.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you’re able to do this, even better!